Just in case you haven't got enough of my bike, I will present it once again. Feast your eyes on this. For lack of a horse, this will be my new vehicle. This is all a part of "The Green experiment".
Here is a rundown of what I plan to do.
* Sell my car and ride my bicycle whenever and wherever possible.
* Transport Elsbeth in a seat on the back of my bike, much to the satisfying alarm of overcautious American fuss buckets.
* Buy local groceries whenever possible (this is to include, meats, dairy products, produce, anything that I can find that was harvested locally)
* Air dry most of my laundry. This will not only save on energy, but will hopefully prevent poor Jeremy from having to wear "flood pants" any more.
* Recycle everything possible. This does not just mean, sending paper, plastic, cans, and glass away, but actually finding useful ways to reuse some of these items.
*GET RID OF CABLE TV. This is more for the mental health of my family than for the environment. TV is bad. Reading is good. MMMkay?
This manifesto may be updated as I come up with more ways to torture myself and those I love.
The reasoning behind this experiment is not just for the popular reasons. We (the Mr. and I) feel that as a society we have become lazy and spoon fed and just generally unhealthy. We aren't challenged to think or live active life styles, as a life style. This experiment is projected to last for a year, but we are hoping that it will simply become a part of the way we live. This is not an attempt to turn back the clock on progress; it is simply the documentation of one family's struggle to adapt to a changing world while maintaining a healthy whole life.